|授業題目||English Speaking and Listening Skills|
|授業の概要||The aim of this course is for you all to be able to (a) gain confidence in speaking English and (b) improve your listening skills. To begin with we will be covering everyday English, the English used in travel as well as common idioms. The activities for this class will be as follows:
(1) Weekly speaking / listening activity for example game, pair work, video activity, asking and answering questions etc.
(2) Weekly mini tests. It is very important for all of you to continue to learn new vocabulary and expressions as well as to review grammar. The mini test will also act as listening practice since I will ask a question by describing the situation in which you might use a particular expression. In order to answer my question, you will have to listen carefully to my description.
(3) Weekly pop song. I will distribute the lyrics of a song, which you will listen to and write in the missing words. I hope you will enjoy this.
|学習の到達目標||Improvement of Your Speaking and Listening Abilities|
|授業計画||第１回||Week 1: Song + Explain about class + Meeting and greeting|
|第２回||Week 2: Song + Classroom expressions + Explain about mini test + Game|
|第３回||Week 3: Song + Mini test + Booking a hotel and arranging transport from airport|
|第４回||Week 4: Song + Mini test + Pair activity: Following instructions|
|第５回||Week 5: Song + Mini test + Homestay rules and asking permission|
|第６回||Week 6: Song + Mini test + Talking about food|
|第７回||Week 7: Song + Mini test + Pair activity: Information exchange|
|第８回||Week 8: Song + Mini test + Asking for and giving directions|
|第９回||Week 9: Song + Mini Test + Giving advice to a person who has a problem|
|第１０回||Week 10: Song + Mini Test + Conversation print|
|第１１回||Week 11: Song + Mini test + Game: Arriving on time|
|第１２回||Week 12: Song + Mini test + Using public transport|
|第１３回||Week 13: Song + Mini test + Help partner complete drawing|
|第１４回||Week 14: Song + Mini test + Causes and consequences|
|第１５回||Week 15: Song + Short Written test + Plans for summer holiday|
|授業外学習の課題||(1) Review of the week's classwork for the following week's mini test.
(2) Review for the final written test.
(3) Because class time is limited to only 90 minutes per week for just 15 weeks, I recommend all students to listen to (and, if possible speak) as much English outside class as you can.
|履修上の注意事項||If you actively participate in the class activities and try to answer my questions, you will be able to (a) practice and thereby learn more English (b) find out your weak points when I correct your English (c) get a better grade. Also please bring a dictionary to class every week. If YOU, ACTIVELY look up words, which you don’t know, that is the first step to learn those new words.
【This subject is also designed for the 2014～ Global Course students. ※ただし、一部の学部・学科では配当されていない場合があります。】
|成績評価の方法・基準||(a) Short Written Test + Mini Tests (80%)
(b) Level of Participation in Class Activities (20%)
|テキスト||None. Photocopied materials will be distributed.|
|I am always very happy to try to answer any questions or give advice about this class, English study, studying abroad or anything else which you may wish to ask. If there is not enough time for you to ask questions at the end of each class, I will usually be in my office in Building 3, Room Number 327（第3号館3階327研究室へどうぞ）on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday lunchtimes and from 4:30 to 7:00 p.m.|